The most wanted Chicken Pakora recipe

It was Eid day. I had to make something from my little kitchen for this eid. Breakfast, lunch etc is from family home...

I finally decided to make Chicken Pakora. Something which my mom makes as snack during the ramadan month and you can never stop eating it. I ask mom for more after eating 10-15 pieces :)
This time it was my chance to try it. Usually you have to leave the chicken to marinate the last day night itself so as to fry the chicken in the morning. After putting the kids to sleep, when I came to kitchen to prepare the marinade, that was when i remembered that I forgot to take Omum (Malayalam)- Ajowan in hindi. Ajowan is the major flavor giving ingredient of Chicken Pakora. Mmmm I have to wait till early morning. Made the pakoras by 7.30 pm. Wore my new dress. Dressed my kids. And Off we went to meet our family.

Ahh.. as my mom's chicken pakora's even mine was doing magic. Everyone liked it. The guest who had come home on Eid also bit a bite from my pakoras. One of my hubby's uncle came back in the night asking the recipe.. was like cheeky... cheeky... blushing when he asked me for the recipe.

HURRAY !!! all thanks to mommy dear

Chicken  Pakora Recipe

Ingredients

For marinade
-> Chicken boneless
-> Ajowan
-> Mustard seed
-> Ginger+Garlic+Green chilli paste
-> Red chilli powder
-> Lime Juice
-> Vinegar

1) Powder together ajowan and mustard seeds finely. Then grid it along with ginger garlic green chilli paste. Add red chilli powder. Mix this with the chicken pieces. Add lime juice of 1 lemon and a little vinegar.

To Fry
-> Besan
-> Coriander leaf
-> Salt
-> soda powder

1) Drain the masala water from the marinated chicken. Mix this with besan. Add coriander leaves, salt and soda powder. Add water only if required.
2) Dip the chicken pieces in the above said mix and deep fry in oil.

Tasty pakoras are ready to be eaten with mint chutney or tomato sauce

Comments