CHICKEN LAJAWAB



Chicken lajawab is an Indo-Pak Chicken curry. It has the spicy touch with ginger, gram masala powder and onion. It is one of the famous diwali dishes in India.

INGREDIENTS


Cornflour- 1/2 Cup


Tender chicken (medium) - 1

Lime - 1 (big)

Ginger-garlic paste - 2tbsp

chilly pwd - 2 tbsp

Finely chopped onion - 1

Garam masala powder - 1 tsp

Salt - to taste

METHOD
1) Cut Chicken into 8-10 pieces.
2) Wash and wipe dry.
3) Rub the lime over the pieces and pierce the chicken with a fork (to allow masala to penetrate)
4) Mix the ginger-garlic paste, grated onion, chilly powder and gram masala and apply over the Chicken pieces. Allow the Chicagoan to marinate and keep it in the refrigerator for 4-6 hours.
5) Sprinkle the cornflour over the marinated chicken .
6) Deep fry till golden brown.
7) Serve hot with chopped salads and rotis.

Comments

Anonymous said…
This recipe was so delicious! I made it over the holiday weekend with a side of Channa Masala I bought from a brand called Tastybite. To be honest I also took a short cut in the recipe - I used a ready-made sauce instead of making it from scratch. The sauce is also from Tastybite and gluten-free. Two of my kids have a gluten allergy so I always have to be extra cautious when cooking. The recipe was still delicious though and I'm sure I'll be making it very often. Thanks! :)